Heating Index gives you an early warning that your silage will heat
How to use Heating Index
Heating Index takes 5 parameters from your silage analysis to produce a single value that you can use to measure quality of conservation, compare to other silages and measure improvement over time.
- Heating Index runs from 1 to 50
- Heating Index 1 is least likely to experience aerobic activity
- Target range is Index 1 to 20
- Heating Index tells you if a silage is likely to heat, even before the clamp has been opened
- At Heating Index 20 or above the silage is likely to be aerobically unstable and you need to take mitigating action